Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Merry Christmas!

  1. #11
    Senior Hostboard Member mah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2008
    Posts
    2,003
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Merry Christmas!

    Best wishes, especially to those who are by themselves or away from home.

    Marshall.

  2. #12
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Merry Christmas!

    Quote Originally Posted by RonSSS View Post
    A Charlie Brown Christmas, it's quite good!
    I used to have the story book record :-)
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  3. #13
    Senior Hostboard Member gortnipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 30th, 2008
    Posts
    244
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Re: Merry Christmas!

    Quote Originally Posted by Russnohio View Post
    Merry Christmas everyone!

    ......So I trust you are all running Christmas music through those Altecs!

    (I was last night)


    Russ
    Lots of Bing Crosby, Doris Day, and Dean Martin :-)

  4. #14
    HB Forum Owner Todd W. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Re: Merry Christmas!

    And Mannheim Steamroller!
    Todd W. White, Owner & Webmaster
    Altec Lansing's (unofficial) Homepage

  5. #15
    Senior Hostboard Member Mustang Marvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 3rd, 2009
    Location
    Trussville, Alabama
    Posts
    209
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Merry Christmas!

    I have a nice collection of Steamroller Christmas CD's as well as the Winter Solstice DC's.
    We put them on repeat as we trim the tree. They're back in the fold till next year now. I've had enough Christmas music to last a whole year. Whew...

  6. #16
    HB Super Moderator
    Merry Christmas!


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: Merry Christmas!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang Marvin View Post
    I've had enough Christmas music to last a whole year. Whew...
    Especially when it starts right after Thanksgiving, But you can't beat Bing Crosby/David Bowie,Frank Sinatra,Dean Martin,I was listening to alittle this morning helps bring back memories of the day(Christmas)But it's time to put on some Pink Floyd,Zappa,and just some Classic Rock & Roll It's nice to see that most had a nice day though. Regards ~ JOHN

  7. #17
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    OT, but still interesting

    One of Marshall's "down under" neighbors, Peter Terren has improved upon his "Tesla Coil Christmas Tree" this year;

    Xmas09B1000

    The interest in his creation has evidently overloaded his webserver. Maybe he'll do a YouTube viddie for us.
    "[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
    Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]

    [I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
    John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.

  8. #18
    Senior Hostboard Member mah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2008
    Posts
    2,003
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Merry Christmas!

    A great way to keep pesky kids and critters away from the presents under the tree.

    Here's a bit more info. Note the mention of a Bfish style spark guide.

    Tesla Coil | Peter Terren | Christmas Tree Electrickery | Tesladownunder

  9. #19
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Merry Christmas!

    Quote Originally Posted by mah View Post
    A great way to keep pesky kids and critters away from the presents under the tree.

    Here's a bit more info. Note the mention of a Bfish style spark guide.

    Tesla Coil | Peter Terren | Christmas Tree Electrickery | Tesladownunder
    Too cool, thanks!

    Peter says;

    "To guide the sparks to the 2.5 metre-diameter star, he used a fishing rod and sinker snagged to the top of tree branches about 14 metres off the ground."

    Very intuitive on your part, mate, as I've really used that very technique to retrieve Frisbees and fall loose branches! Or, as anyone who's ever cast a $5 lure into the trees can attest...
    "[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
    Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]

    [I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
    John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.